Transfer Station re-opening
Public Service Announcement
The City of Livingston Transfer Station will re-open to the public on Monday, April 13th at 8:30 a.m.
The Transfer Station and Recycling area will be open Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Recycling Area will be open on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
After a review of the current trajectory of COVID-19 in Park County and making necessary adjustments to operations, the City of Livingston has determined we can enable essential services/activities to continue operations within the City and Park County while protecting our employees and ensuring continued residential pick-up of solid waste. The City recommends limiting the number of visits to the facility if you are not filling an essential service within the community.
The City of Livingston will continue to follow the direction of the Park County Health Department and the State of Montana in relation to the COVID-19 health outbreak.
Please note the following changes to the operation of the Transfer Station:
- Solid Waste staff will NOT assist customers with unloading any type of material.
- Only one customer will be allowed to unload on the tipping floor at a time. Others must wait in their vehicles outside the transfer station.
- No cash will be accepted for payment. Charge accounts and credit/debit cards only will be used for payment. We strongly encourage contractors and businesses to set up a charge account with the Finance Department at 222-1142.
- Signatures will not be required for credit card or charge account purchases.
- Metal recycling and E-waste recycling will be available
- Oil and Antifreeze Disposal will be available. Disposal fees will be waived until further notice.
- Green waste disposal will be available. All green waste customers still need to go over the scale to be weighed. Commercial green waste fees will be waived until further notice.
The City will continue to evaluate services based on current COVID-19 trends and CDC guidelines.
For Transfer Station questions, please call 406-222-5667.